Specializing in the commercialization and growth of B.C.-based, impact focused, applied science innovations.
Hardware.City is an investment portfolio of BC-based hardware start-ups, each solving a global problem in clean technology or human health. Portfolio companies have received financing from Hardware.City’s founder, a Vancouver-based Angel investor, in one or more Seed or Series A rounds.
- Create sustainable hardware technology companies in British Columbia
- Become known for high-quality curated deals to sector investors and partners
- Become a feeder into the regional tech commercialization and manufacturing ecosystem
- Solve global problems with local talent & facilities
- Promote Made in Canada manufacturing
Hardware.City Founder, Jennifer Thompson
Specialist in the commercialization and growth of applied science innovations, career company builder, early-stage Angel investor and business mentor to many Vancouver based hardware ventures.
Jennifer originates deal flow through her association with the Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre, SFU’s Venture Connection, entrepreneurship@UBC, Vancouver Angel Forum, VIATECH, and through her many other colleagues and connections in the #BCTech community.